Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Interview
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 02 Sep 2016, 4:26 am by Petrona

» Let's Ship It!
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016, 7:59 am by Raissa

» Fortune Teller
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2016, 9:42 am by Petrona

» Seaside Isle Pack
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptySat 30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm by Nakai

» Joining Thread
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016, 7:43 pm by Kodai

» The Graywood Alliance
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016, 4:56 pm by Guest

» How Did You Come Up With Your Character?
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 10 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm by Petrona

» Ilios Info WIP
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptySat 21 May 2016, 2:58 pm by Kodai

» Asteri Info [wip]
How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptySat 21 May 2016, 12:41 pm by Kodai

RP Time and Conditions

Noon
Late Spring
70° F
Pouring Rain | Windy | Steamy
Announcements

08∙10∙16 — With Duskvale flooded and Bison's Claim soon to follow, the pack must evacuate to Iilos land before the Catori River floods and they're stranded. As their chieftain becomes more irritable, some of the group grow hesitant in trusting him with their lives. Before they exit into the forest, Petrona suggests relocating the herd to a safer place, promptly setting herself to the task and awaits help from her packmates who failed to aid her and Raissa during the hunt. All members are free to join her or await further commands from Kodai and go on into Duskvale before it's too late.

06∙28∙16 — The pack has decided! TuT's first RolePlay plot will be a territory wide flood! With the pack heading out for it's first hunt, the overcast sky starts flickering with lightning and an eerie wind picks up. With the coming torrential rain, it will become impossible to see, smell or hear your comrades. It will be best to stick together, as who knows what dangers lie in the storm.

06∙22∙16 — We've decided to host our first RP event! Voting options are currently up and located here. Please remember to vote! I will be closing the options in just a few days, so please, if you care about your say in it, vote soon!

ShoutBox
Affiliates
_

How Did You Come Up With Your Character?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

How Did You Come Up With Your Character? Empty
PostSubject: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 06 Jun 2014, 6:46 pm

Title says it all!

Well, not really. I'm bored and I just want to know how everyone came up with their characters. It's simple; just talk about how you came up with their name or personality or whatever.

I'll start. I came up with Ariel because I'm in love with the name; and I'm not referring to The Little Mermaid xD. Ariel is actually the name of the biblical angel of fire and lions, which sounds pretty freakin' cool. So I made a character who's hot-headed, A.K.A. fire, and isn't afraid to stand her ground and be aggressive, A.K.A. lion.
Back to top Go down
Jaelle
Enigma In Training
Jaelle

● Gender : Female
❤ Mate : None
Arrowheads Arrowheads : 58
■ Join Date : 2014-05-08
■ Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 06 Jun 2014, 7:35 pm

I don't remember where I got the name Faolan from, but I know I've used it before(a long time ago XD). His personality was based off the song Scalliwag by Gaelic Storm. And finally, his size. I like big things so I decided to make a big wolf. =3
Back to top Go down
Garrett
Mercenary In Training
Garrett

● Gender : Male
❤ Mate : Nope
Arrowheads Arrowheads : 68
■ Join Date : 2014-05-30
■ Posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 06 Jun 2014, 8:16 pm

I watched a documentation at the same time when i just couldnt come up with a good character, that docu was about the norse mythology. And then they talked about "Fenrir" A gigantic beast, as big as the gods themselves, bloodthirsty and fearsome. I just had to make him :3 Maybe i exaggerated with his size a little bit but that also has a reason. ^.^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptySat 07 Jun 2014, 4:35 am

Yukikazes name originated from an anime. There's really no meaning to the name cause if you search it up, the search result is useless and not what I was aiming for. The name just sounds catchy is all. Personality wise... eh.. it's more of a mix between 2 other characters I made a year ago. Can't say for sure exactly what, but when you read Yukis bio it should give you a general idea. Black fur, cause that's my favorite color. As for his skill set and such, I based it off the martial arts I learn which is jiu-jitsu, which is more for defensive fighting. (Skill sets referring to Combat Strength & Stealth and Speed). Oh yea, slightly went into detail cause it's 4:32 AM and I have nothing better to do, so don't judge :P
Back to top Go down
Petrona
Falconer In Training
Petrona

❤ Mate : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Arrowheads Arrowheads : 210
■ Join Date : 2014-05-10
■ Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptySat 07 Jun 2014, 10:52 pm

General: I am obsessed with a number of counties by the Mediterranean, and lately 45.3% of my characters are from those areas. I think it builds up a bit more story which makes the character fun to RP. c:

Personality: Petrona's personality is sort of based off some friends of mine, myself, and whatever popped into my mind while I was writing her bio. I'm not even sure if she'll stick with the personality I wrote, because my charries tend to change as I'm RP'ing them... A lot. .-. She was actually meant to be fairly serious and flirty, but all well.

Design: Well it all started one stormy night when I was playing around in Picmonkey (or was it GIMP?) with a wolf. I messed with colours a lot until... BOOM! Petrona was born. She was (her colours anyway) supposed to be based off that Spanish tango dress-thing. Black, red, and gold, but - even though it looked great - I changed black to grey because I like grey better than black or white for some reason. Her eyes were meant to be brown when I first made her, and her feather was meant to be red, but I got lazy when making her photos so now she looks like this. Her colours still remind me of football and Grifindoor/Harry Potter.

Name: I'm really bad at picking names, and I couldn't find any nice Spanish names that fitted her, so then I found Petrona. It means rock... Yep. ...And it also reminds me of Harry Potter... ._.

The funny thing is, I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. XD

History: I'm lazy, and it just sort of came to me. It's not very interesting. o3o
Back to top Go down
http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/
Raissa
Mercenary In Training
Raissa

❤ Mate : Nada
Arrowheads Arrowheads : 79
■ Join Date : 2016-06-06
■ Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 10 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm

Uhm... Raissa was kind of guesswork for me, but I wanted her to be original.

Name: I actually made up the name Raissa only to research it and find out it was an actual name from French origin. I was going to use it in a grim remake of Little Red Riding hood, but eventually lost interest in it and decided not to. When I got notified that the United Two was a pack I could join, I wasn't sure whether to use Haven, my charrie from SSP, or Reyas from CS. So I decided to use Raissa because it sounded nice and... I liked it. Alot. Dont judge.

Colorization: Like I said before, I was just going to make an identical Haven but decided I wanted something new and intriguing. Since the name Raissa was going to be used in a Red Riding hood story, I wanted to have the color crimson in her pelt, even though red isn't a natural color for a wolf. Then I just decided to keep the neutrals of Haven: Black, gray, and white. Poof, Raissa was created.

Personality: Really, all of my characters are pretty much cold, vindictive, ruthless, and feisty xD

History: Since I had already created Ray's personality, I wanted a history to explain why she is the way she is. I came up with family slaughter because it gives a nice drive to your character and makes for an emotional moment when they spill it out to someone. Also I like making gory bloody histories. -_-
Back to top Go down
Petrona
Falconer In Training
Petrona

❤ Mate : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Arrowheads Arrowheads : 210
■ Join Date : 2014-05-10
■ Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? EmptyFri 10 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm

OKAY SO.

Kodai came on the chat one day and was like, "dude, I'm remaking TUT." At first I didn't believe him, but then he smacked my face with Kodai's face (who was a new charrie I hadn't seen yet) to prove he was really doing, and also he was asking for RP area names and all that (which is how Duskvale and Dawnwood were born!). I also had to smack him so Kodai didn't have the exact same personality as all his other characters, so you can blame me for him being such a stick in the mud. Or, y'know, you could blame him.

So anyways, I thought; "Oh, I haven't had a hunter character in a while." So I subconsciously decided to base her off that. She came from the south (I didn't have a wolf with reddish fur and she came from an area where it was common, so that's why she's a rusty colour) and her family basically revolved around hunting the great bison, so she needed to be quite tough from a young age to take them down. I made her primarily skill endurance (already unique among my charries!) with a bit of talent of everything - a jack of all trades, knowing a bit of healing knowledge and fighting, besides expertising in hunting and gave her some weaknesses such as excessive self-pride to round her out.

Around this this Kodai was almost done with the pack (despite both of us getting distracting with WQ), and I was trying to hurry up and was struggling to come up with a personality for her as well as finishing off her design. My mother had been forcing us to watch Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility ever - blinking - night. Tada, now she was sensible, prideful and prejudiced against outsiders. A very different personality for me to RP, espically seeing how chaotic and rebellious I am compared to her humbleness toward superiors, and also how I want to ally with all the hardcore peeps and she thinks they're silly little children who deserve to be smacked. She's kind of aggravating in that way.

Bam, TUT was rereleased into the wild, and I didn't have a name for her yet, and I couldn't find one that suited her. After several days, I finally just decided to call her what the wolf before her was: Petrona. It wasn't tribal or native american-esque, which was what I was looking for, but it kind of suits her.
Back to top Go down
http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Did You Come Up With Your Character?   How Did You Come Up With Your Character? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Did You Come Up With Your Character?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Games and Fun-
Jump to: